Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas everyone from Jess and I, wish we could be back home in Canada to celebrate. Jess was up at 5 to head off to work this morning and must have disturbed Santa because when I woke up at 730 there was nothing to be found. It is either that or Old St. Nick doesn't visit the Maldives on account that no one believes in Christmas. Muslim controlled airspace, very tight security and Santa couldn't get in to deliver presents to the Expat population. The locals are getting ready for something called Eid, which I thought already happened at the end of Ramazan in October but Dec. 29 and 30 shops are shut down for Eid. Jess works all day today and then has an overnight and Kanahuri, a high end resort with the reputation for the best food in the Maldives. I will try my luck again and see if I can jump a plane and make it out there for Christmas dinner. I did get Jess a present though and to my knowledge I think she liked it, its a boogie board with fins and all accessories, Now she will have to venture out into the surf, no excuses.

Lately I have been keeping busy by hitting the gym, swimming, running and playing basketball with the local kids. Shivji (pilot) and I went down to the local court to shoot some baskets and before we knew it we were in a full court B-ball game. Witin minutes we were gasping for air but we couldn't show it as we were elected captians and choose the teams, they thought we were going to be ringers, man were they wrong. After the half hour game I took off my tank top and actually rang out the sweat from my t-shirt it was as if I had stood in the shower one of the kids informed me. Any type of exercise that involves running here is wild as you start to sweat the moment you take a step. The gym guys must hate me as they have to mop up all the puddles after I leave.

Thought we'd pass on a Christmas blog, not to exciting but just wanted everyone to know we miss them and wish we we were home for Christmas for Johnny Cake Breakfasts, Turkey Suppper and Leftovers. I guess i'll head out into the heat to find a fish curry Christmas Breakfast!

Love You Guys, Merry Christmas, Miss you tons.

Scott and Jesse

2 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Quodlibet said...

Merry Christmas you guys! I just finished cleaning up from my annual "Orphan's Christmas" and it was a great time. Among the friends were Sean and Nancy so it was lots of fun! I hope you guys have a Great C-mas and I'll have a drink to you guys at dinner tomorrow (well - it's today now I guess!).

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger CanaGal said...

Merry Ho-Ho Guys!
We ended up having a mixed grill of fish for our xmas din-din, so don't feel so bad that you missed out on turkey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home