Friday, October 20, 2006




Scott Day 2 // Jesse Day 15

After 39 hours of travelling and 4 plane rides later, I arrived in Maldives October 19th at 10:00 pm. Fearing the worst with the customs officials suprisely I had no problems. While waiting for my bags I flipped through the passport to read the arrival stamp, "Employment Prohibited" as so my adventure in the Maldives began. Jess was waiting outside the customs door already honey bronzed and desirable. It appears she had been fitting in to island life quite well. We quickly loaded up the bags, which suprisely made it unscathed, and hurried to the Dhoni's. Jess new eaxctly which one to jump on and within minutes we were under full steam in the Indian Ocean. Humid and hot even late in the evening the cool breeze caused by the foward motion of the boat was welcomed.

Minutes later we pulled into the jetty on the East side of the island of Male. Unloading the bags we now had to figure how to ge the bags and surfboard to Jess' apartment. All the cabs on the island are no bigger than a toyota tercel and none of them have surf racks. After passing us a few times one cabbie pulled over and volunteered his services and we placed the board on top of the car securing it with our arms hanging out the window. It was a short ride through the maze which is Male and we were at the building "G faith"........

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Quodlibet said...

Nice work you guys! I'm happy to hear you finally got there Scott and I look forward to reading all about your adventures! Hugs!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger CanaGal said...

Hey

How come you didn't send me the blog address? I hope you guys are settling in well. I hope the flying is good for you jesse and the surf is good for you Scott. Nancy says hi.
Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home