Sunday, November 26, 2006






In the last couple of days we had a change of address. We left our very happenning, very busy, very loud apartment in the centre of town, we have relocated to a beachside address. On arrival Jess was not super pumped as the room we moved into had not been cleaned at least since the place had been built. After a thorough cleaning and some sprucing up though I think the place is going to prove a better location. We are, all kidding aside, overlooking the surfbreak! If you check out the island on google earth we are the last building before a park right on the surf beach.

This spot will be way better for running, biking, going to work, and of course surfing. No more will I have to navigate the traffic down Mageedee Magu with a board under my arm. Now I just throw on the board short and stumble out the door cross the stret and paddle out.

The last couple days have been great, I got in my first kite boarding session, on the north tip of airport island (Hulumale) just a 0.50 CDN ferry ride away. The wind was straight out of the north so it was directly onshore, not the best conditions for a scouting mission. I had a couple good reaches but kept coming in too close to the beach so I dropped the kite and decided that an easterly would be ideal conditions. Lucky for us a wind out of the east is predominent in the coming months, this wind will kill the surf waves but be great for kiting.

Another Dhoni day to sultans. Had a friend with an under water shell for his digital camera, attached are some of the pics he shot.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Quodlibet said...

Cool pictures! I just came from Dawson Creek where it was like minus 33 C, so I find comfort in your warm pictures!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger CanaGal said...

it was minus 36 in Grande Prairie where I was yesterday, brrrr. I don't get comfort in your pics I get jealous. :)

Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home