Sunday, December 10, 2006




Ok, Ok, I know that everyone thinks that this is Scott's blog now since hes the only one who has been writing the thing. But this Is Jesse now, with my first entry, please bare with me, I am not as elequent as my better half. But I have to say, maybe I have not been posting because I enjoy reading his thoughts so much, he has a way with words. Anyways things are great here in Male. I am writing from our bedroom balcony overlooking the surf (I see scott out there right now as a matter of fact), got home early from work today, 130, the weather turned yesterday, so all is better in my world now. My life has been intense this last month, the monsoon was (maybe is) still going full force, which means rain, strong winds and big swell at alot of the places we go. For a pilot still trying to master take offs and landings on the good days, it makes my job more intense. but I was never one to learn anything the easy way. That would be boring. For those of you that dont really know what my life is like these days I will go through a sample day in the life. Wake up in the morning to go to work, ride my bike to the dhonni, the earliest dhonni (ferry to the airport) is 5am, thats a tough one, ussually get 2 or 3 of those a week. The other mornings I am at a resort, that commute is a little easier, just walk down the beach to the plane. Once at work I do a walk around on the airplane, pump the floats, put some gas in, then go have a coffee (thats the most important part). All the pilots sit around drinking coffee till our flights are released, then we slowly dissapear from the coffee bar to our airplanes to start the day. All day we are flying tourists, staff, and locals to Islands all over the maldives. For the most part, The captain flies 1 leg, then I fly the next and we alternate all day (so i get tons of practice) sometimes we fly 10-18 legs a day. When you are the pilot not flying you are filling out the logbook, and talking on the radio to air traffic control and traffic advisory, (the radio was deffinetly one of the most challenging things to learn when I got here, it is very busy and the controllers have very thick accents). At the end of the day I either end up back in Male or at 1 of the various resorts we service. I have only taken Scott on 1 overnight so far, but will get him out there with me more often, he is so busy surfing and kiting I cant ever get him away. Anyways thats all ive got for now, Hope all is well and I will get Scott to post again soon. Love Jes

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger CanaGal said...

Hey Ms. Jesse!
Sounds like the life of a goddess!
We are uber jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home